ZUCCHINI PESTO SOUP
servings: 2 – 4
2 – 3 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp prepared pesto
black pepper, to taste
salt, to taste
- In a big saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add pesto, cook for 30 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add potato, zucchini and vegetable stock. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes or until potato is fork tenser.
- Remove from the heat allowing to cool.
- Puree with blender and return to the saucepan.
- Before serving, return to the heat if needed.
- Zucchini Pesto Soup is fresh and light and ideal to serve it in a warmer weather.
- When serving at buffet table or a food station, keep it in a food warmer with sour cream on side so guests can add it to their plate.
- If you are having young children at the party, chances are they are not going to like the soup, mostly because of its green color, so you should thing think about alternatives.