1 cup oil
1 cup milk, room temperature
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
5 – 7 tbsp warm water
10 g vanilla sugar or splash of vanilla extract
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease the cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add oil and milk and beat for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Gradually add flour and baking powder, mix until combined.
- Divide the batter into two parts.
- Mix cocoa and warm water, add cocoa mixture to one part of the batter and mix to combine.
- Pour 1 ladle of chocolate batter into the center of the cake pan. Then, pour 1 ladle of vanilla batter into the center of chocolate batter. Repeat this alternating method until all the batter has been used.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the cake is baked through.
- Let it cool then sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Zebra Cake is a simple vanilla and chocolate dessert but it will have a stunning effect on your guests.
- It is perfect to serve at your next tea party..
- It is also young children approved. They can eat it with their hands (but be prepared for the crumbs).