1 cup rice
12 cups spinach, trimmed and roughly chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, cook rice according to package instructions.
- In the meanwhile, in a big skillet add oil and garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cover. Cook for 10 – 12 minutes.
- To the spinach add cooked rice, season with salt and black pepper and mix to combine.
- Spinach Rice is quick and easy, and it is a perfect side dish for those unexpected guests.
- It is also a great dish to serve to your vegetarian or vegan guests along side tofu, grilled vegetables or other meatless food.
- if serving at buffet or food station, keep it in a food warmer.