SIMPLE SAUSAGE SIZZLE
1 slice white bread
1 pork sausage
1/2 onion, sliced
BBQ sauce, to taste
salt, to taste
1 tbsp sunflower or canola oil
- Heat the oil in the frying pan, cook sausage for 10 minutes, turning regularly. Set aside.
- To the same pan, add onion, season with a pinch of salt and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Arrange the sausage on a slice of bread, then top with the onion and drizzle with BBQ sauce.
- When serving sausage sizzle as a part of buffet or food station, keep the sausages in the food warmer and the bread and toppings on the side so guests can assemble their sandwiches by themselves.
- If you are hosting a BBQ party, prepare the sausages on the grill, it will give them a special (and delicious) taste.