PEA & PARM PASTA
200 g pasta of your choice
2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
100 g bacon, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
300 ml thickened cream
1 cup Parmesan, grated
salt, to taste
black pepper, top taste
- In slightly salted water, cook pasta according to packaging instructions. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat non-stick skillet, add bacon and cook until crisp. Set aside.
- To the same skillet, without adding additional oil, cook garlic for 30 seconds, add peas and cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add thickened cream, season with salt and pepper and bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minute, add bacon and simmer for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in Parmesan.
- Combine sauce and pasta and serve.
- Pea and Parm Pasta is ideal dish to make when you have unexpected guests arriving. It is made with simple ingredients that you might already have on your hands.