PASTA WITH TUNA
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
4 anchovies, chopped
1 tsp capers
425 g (1 can) tuna chunks, drained
600 ml thickened cream
2 tsp cornstarch
dried sage, to taste
dried oregano, to taste
dried basil, to taste
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
200 g pasta of your choice
Grated Parmesan, for serving, optional
- In slightly salted water, cook pasta according to packaging instructions. Drain.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, add onion, cook until tender.
- Add garlic, anchovies and capers, cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add tuna and season with sage, oregano, basil, salt and black pepper. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add thickened cream, bring to simmer and add cornstarch. stir and cook for 4 – 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pasta to a serving plate, pour the sauce and add fresh arugula. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- When serving Pasta with Tuna and Arugula at buffet table, keep it in a food warmer with some extra arugula and grated Parmesan cheese on the side.