FRENCH ONION DIP
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 tsp red wine vinegar
200 ml sour cream
2 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp horseradish
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil, add onion and cook until translucent and fragrant.
- Add red wine vinegar and season with salt and black pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until vinegar is evaporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and set a side to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, gently stir sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish and cooled onion. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- French Onion Dip is a great addition to your next BBQ party; but instead of serving it like a dip, add it to a burger as a condiment!
- This is a great dip to make in advance but also a quick one to make for your next last-minute party. You only have to wait until onion is cooled down, which takes only minutes.
- Serve it with crackers, corn strips or vegetable sticks (carrot, cucumber or celery).