DILLY BROCCOLI SOUP
servings: 2 – 4
1 onion, halved and sliced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 cups broccoli florets
1 medium potato, peeled and diced
6 cups water
1 vegetable stock cube
2 tbsp butter
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
dried dill, to taste
1 cup thickened cream
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the butter, add onions and garlic. Cook until soften. Add potato, broccoli florets, water and the stock cube. Season with salt, black pepper and dried dill. Cover, bring to boil and simmer until vegetables are cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and puree with handheld immersion or stand blender.
- Return to the pot, add cream and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- If you are planning to serve Dilly Broccoli Soup at dinner party, you can make it a day before but don’t add thickened cream and keep it in refrigerator until the day of the party. When your guests arrive, reheat the soup and add thickened cream when soup is warm. Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 – 2 minutes. The soup is ready to serve.
- If young children are attending your dinner party, be aware they might not like the soup because of the green color (some children are sensitive at color of the food they are offered to eat).
- If you are crating a soup station for your next party, this soup would be a great addition to it; it is easy to make, creamy and delicious.