COCONUT CARROT SOUP
500 g carrot, peeled and sliced
400 ml coconut milk
2 cups water
2 tbsp coconut oil
salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot, over medium heat. Add carrots, cook for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add water, cover and bring to boil. Remove the lid and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until carrots soften and the liquid reduce. Remove from the heat and let it cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Puree with hand held blender or a regular blender (carefully, the soup is warm!)
- Return to the heat, add coconut milk and cook until the soup is warm. Add salt if needed.
- You can prepare the carrot soup a day before the dinner party but don’t add coconut milk. In my experience, it’s best to add coconut milk when you warming the soup just before serving it.
- If you are serving Coconut Carrot Soup at buffet or food station, keep it in a food warmer.
- This soup is ideal to serve to your unexpected guests, if you have all of the ingredients on hands, because it is simple to make, but delicious and exotic.
- If you have young children attending your party, they might not like this soup because of the orange color. But, if they don’t have problem with color of the soup, children usually love carrot soup because it’s sweet.