2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves
1 cup all-purpose flour
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
vegetable oil, for frying
Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat until hot but not burning.
In a shallow dish, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
In another shallow dish, mix together the flour, pinch of salt and black pepper.
Dip chicken breasts in egg mixture, then flour mixture.
Add chicken breasts to the oil and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through.
- I don’t know what is it about Chicken Française but everybody adore this recipe! And, it is so easy to make. And, it can feed a large group of people. AND, you can prepare it a day before the party and serve it warm or at room temperature.
- If you decide to prepare chicken day before the party, keep it in the refrigerator. To warm it up, lay chicken in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven at 180°C for 20 – 30 minutes or until warm.
- If serving at buffet or food station, I would suggest to keep it in a food warmer.
- Serve Chicken Française and french fries to kids at your next parry. In my experience, you will have no hungry children after lunch/dinner. And their parents will be happy, too.
- This recipe is also great if you hosting a last-minute party. Serve it with mash potatoes, Bulgur Quinoa Salad, Spinach Rice, or and other quick and easy side dish.