CACIO E PEPE
servings: 2 – 4
250 g spaghetti
1 – 2 cups cooking water from pasta
2 tbsp black pepper, or to taste
3 tbsp butter
1 cup Parmesan, grated
- Cook pasta in salted water according to packet instructions. Drain reserving 2 cups of liquid.
- To the same pot, add butter and when it starts to melt, add black pepper.
- When butter is melted, add pasta, gradually add reserved pasta water and gently mix to combine. Simmer for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add Parmesan and gently mix to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- After the pasta is cooked, this dish is prepared in minutes so it is a perfect meal to make for your unexpected guests. Don’t be fooled by it’s simplicity. Cacio e Pepe is so delicious that your guests will ask for more!