BULGUR QUINOA SALAD
1/2 cup bulgur wheat
1/2 cup quinoa
1 carrot, grated
420 g (1 can) four bean mix, drained
For the dressing:
juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cup water, add bulgur wheat, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, remove from the heat and let it sit covered for 10 minutes.
- Add quinoa and 1 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan, bring to boil and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Place bulgur wheat and quinoa to a serving dish, add carrot and beans, mix to combine.
- Combine all ingredients for salad dressing and drizzle over bulgur mixture.
- If serving at buffet table, keep lemon wedges on the side so guests can add more freshens to their plate.
- This is the perfect salad to serve when hosting BBQ party.