500 g mince beef
2 tbsp olive oil
1 big onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 carrots, grated
salt, to taste
black pepper, to taste
2 small bay leaves
dried sage, to taste
dried oregano, to tatse
dried basil, to taste
400 g tomato passata
grated Parmesan for serving – optional
- In a big saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat, add onion and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, cook for 30 seconds, add mince beef, breaking it with the spoon to smaller pieces.
- Add carrots and all the seasonings. Stir.
- Add tomato passata, stir and cover. Simmer for 40 – 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bolognese Sauce and pasta is a guaranteed win when served to children at your party. Depending on their age you may want to think about pasta size you want to serve, avoiding spaghetti if children are too young and serving macaroni instead.
- You can make Bolognese Sauce 1 – 2 days before the party and keep it in refrigerator.
- If serving at buffet table or a food station, combine Bolognese Sauce and pasta and keep it in a food warmer. Keep grated Parmesan cheese on the side, don’t sprinkle over the pasta thinking of those guests who don’t like cheese.
- This “everyday” dish is perfect if you hosting Sunday dinner for your family. If your children are all grown up it will bring them memories of their childhood. If you are a young hostess, this is a chance to create your “signature” dish and a new dinner tradition for you and your loved ones.