75 g butter, room temperature
100 g sugar
10 g vanilla sugar
splash of vanilla extract
250 g all purpose flour
3 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, with an electric mixer beat the butter until creamy.
- Add sugar, vanilla sugar, vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add one egg at the time and mix until fluffy.
- Add flour and baking powder and combine into a dough.
- Form a ball, add to a baking tray and press with a palm of your hand to get a cookie shape.
- Bake for 15 minus, brush with a milk and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve the cookies with a glass of milk as an afternoon snack to young children at your party.
- American cookies are great to add to your buffet or food station and perfect for your next tea party.